Methi paratha is pretty much a staple meal in most Indian households. It’s super easy to make and is a great way of incorporating bitter leafy vegetables like methi into your diet. With ingredients like methi & whole wheat flour, it’s a complete and healthy meal.
You can have it for breakfast, pack it in your lunch box or even have it for dinner!
Here is the video and printable recipe of this versatile and delicious paratha-
- Chopped methi leaves - 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup for the dough & 2 tablespoons for dusting
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ajwain/Carrom seeds - 3/4 teaspoon
- Chopped green chilies - 4-5
- Grated ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 4-5 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Add all the ingredients except water and oil to a mixing bowl or dish and add 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Start kneading the dough while gradually adding water as required.
- Apply a little oil on the dough and allow it to rest it for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the parathas, heat a skillet .
- Dip a lemon sized portion of dough in dry flour and with the help of a rolling pin start rolling it out .
- After rolling it out a bit, brush a little oil on the surface and gather the edges of the paratha towards the middle and press it down to close the edges.
- Dip it again in some dry flour and roll it out into a thin and round paratha.
- Cook it on the hot skillet.
- Apply some ghee or oil on the paratha and serve it with your choice of chutney, sauce or yoghurt.
To subscribe to my youtube channel click here