If you are a hummus lover, you owe it to yourself to try this incredible Sriracha hummus recipe. It’s so simple to make that buying pre-packaged hummus will become a thing of the past in no time.
The beautiful texture of hummus really makes it a great dip and you can make this healthy vegan recipe even healthier by using lesser olive oil in the hummus as well as tahini. To thin the hummus, use a little bit of water instead.
It’s a great dip to have at parties and serve it with some homemade hot pita and you have a winner!
- Garbanzo Beans/Chickpeas - 1.5 cups/1 can
- Garlic Cloves - 2
- Cumin Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Paprika - 1/4 teaspoon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- Sriracha hot sauce - 3-4 tablespoons
- Tahini* - 1/4 cup
- Soak the raw chickpeas overnight in water. The next day, pressure cook them for 4-5 whistles or cook them on high flame in some water till they become soft and are well cooked. You can also use pre-cooked canned chickpeas instead.
- In a blender add the cooked chickpeas and lemon juice and blend it for a couple of minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients except for 1 tablespoon of olive oil and paprika to the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients together to form a smooth paste, while occasionally scrapping the sides of the blender.
- If the consistency of the hummus isn't smooth enough , add a couple of tablespoons of water, 1 at a time till you achieve the desired consistency.
- Serve the hummus in a deep set plate or a bowl and drizzle it with the remaining olive oil and paprika.
- Enjoy it with pita and veggies.
- *Recipe for homemade tahini is given below.
- The quantities of tahini and garlic can be adjusted to your taste.
Tahini Recipe (Makes 1/4 cup tahini) –
1.Roast around 1/2 cup sesame seeds on low flame till they become slightly golden and aromatic. Set them aside to cool.
2.Grind the roasted sesame seeds along with some salt to taste and around 2 tablespoons of oil till it forms a smooth runny paste. Your tahini is ready!
You can make the tahini ahead of time and store it in an airtight container for use at multiple times.
If you like the recipe please share it and do subscribe to my website.
To subscribe to my youtube channel click here