Summer is here and it’s time to get out and about, head to the beach and soak up some sun. Time has come to throw those sweaters away and flaunt your sumer dresses. Winter not only forces us to add on a heap of clothes on our bodies but also some (or a lot of) weight. So it’s time to shed those extra kilos and feel light and fresh like the weather outside.
This month I will be posting some easy recipes which are ready in minutes and taste amazing. They will help you get healthy and stay on track with your weight-loss/maintenance goal.
Today’s recipe is of an all raw avocado zucchini pasta (zoodles), which can be edited to your liking. It requires very few ingredients and takes no time to make.
The 2 main ingredients of this recipe are included in the name of the recipe itself-avocado & zucchini.
Avocados are rich in dietary fibre, potassium, folate and vitamins such as Vitamin A,C,B5 etc & low sodium. They are high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a “heart healthy” fatty acid that is believed to be one of the main reasons for the health benefits of olive oil. It is also said to be great for our vision and improves digestion.
With just 30+ calories, Zucchini makes a great alternative to the high cal. pasta(220+ calories). This low calorie food is also a good source of vitamins A, B1, B3 & C, potassium, magnesium etc.
So try this recipe for your next lunch or dinner and feel free to add toppings or sides to make it a complete meal.
- Zucchini - 1
- Ripe Avocado - 1
- Garlic Clove - 1
- Cilantro - Handful
- Green Chilies - 1-2
- Lime/Lemon Juice - 2 teaspoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add peeled and pitted avocado, garlic, chopped chillies, cilantro, salt, pepper & lemon juice to a blender/mixer. Blend it into a smooth paste.
- Next, we need to make zucchini noodles (zoodles). I used vegetable spiralizer to make noodles out of zucchini. Simply cut a small piece from one side of the zucchini and insert that side into the spiralizer. Now using the motion used to sharpen a pencil, sharpen the zucchini till the very end. You will have the zoodles ready and will be left with the centre portion of the zucchini and little bit of the end that need not be used. If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a julienne peeler.
- Once the zoodles are ready, cut them roughly into smaller pieces .
- Add the creamy avocado mixture the zoodles and mix well.
- Since it's a completely raw recipe, it's ready to be savored!
- Herbs, Chopped onion, tomatoes etc. can be added to the zoodles as per your taste.
- To reduce the calories of the recipe you can replace half the avocado by half a zucchini while making the avocado mixture.
- If you don't like to consume raw garlic you can skip it from the recipe.