Summer time calls for ditching heavy breakfasts & opting for lighter recipes. What better way to start the day than with a glass full of fresh fruit smoothie.
This strawberry banana smoothie is packed with vitamin C and fibre which will not only satisfy your taste buds but will also keep you feeling full for a long time! What’s better, it’s only 155-170 calories which makes it a great recipe for all the weight watchers.
So give the smoothie a try and start your day feeling fresh and energized!!
- Strawberries - 8-10
- Greek non-fat yoghurt* - 1/2 cup
- Honey** - 1 tablespoon
- Banana (medium) - 1/2
- Cold Water - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract***- 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
- Cut banana and strawberry into small pieces and add it to the blender. Cut one strawberry into small bits and keep it aside.
- Add rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend it on high.
- Serve it cold, topped with bits of strawberries.
- *You can use any plain yoghurt
- **You can substitute honey with sugar though it's not recommended
- ***I prefer my smoothie without the vanilla extract but you can add it if you would like some extra flavor