This chicken roll recipe can be a great lunch box solution as well as a dinner time treat. It’s super easy to make and the chicken kebabs, especially if you are making them on the stove , are ready in minutes. Not only does the chicken roll taste amazing but to our relief it is also quite nutritious owing to ingredients like lean white meat and whole wheat flour. You can marinate the chicken and make the dough ahead of time. This way when you are ready to serve, it would take only a few minutes to cook up this simple delish meal.
- Skinless and boneless chicken breasts - 2
- Hung curd/yoghurt - 3 tablespoons
- Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped/grated ginger- 1 teaspoon
- Chopped garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Lime - 1
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Sliced onion rings - 1/2 cup
- Corriander - a bunch
- Chaat masala - 1 teaspoon
- Mint chutney
- Ghee - 2-3 teaspoons
- Oil-1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- To make chapatis - In a deep dish or a bowl add flour & 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Gradually add water to the four while kneading the flour into the dough. Continue kneading until the dough becomes soft and plain.
- Smear some oil onto the surface of the dough and cover the bowl and let it rest for atleast 15-20 minutes.
- Once the dough is ready to be rolled out, make small portions of the dough and keep some dry flour ready on the side for dusting.
- Heat pan on high heat. While the pan heats up, start rolling out the chapatis one at a time using a rolling pin & a board. If the chapati sticks to the board, use some flour to loosen it. Cook the rolled out chapati on both the sides till it gets brown spots on either side and puffs up.
- Add some ghee or oil to the chapati once it's ready.
- Store the chapatis in a casserole till the chicken kebabs are ready.
- To make the chicken kebabs - Clean and cut the chicken breasts into small pieces.
- Rub the chicken with salt, ginger, garlic and red chilli powder and set it aside for 15-20 mins.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees celsius.
- Add the curd, ghee and remaining spices to a bowl and whisk them all together. Add the chicken to the curd mixture.
- Arrange the chicken on a non stick baking surface(tray or aluminium foil) .
- Pour the excess marinade over the chicken pieces. This will ensure the kebabs are succulent and flavourful.
- Bake the kebabs for 10 minutes then flip the chicken and bake for another 5-10 minutes or till the chicken is done.
- To make the roll , arrange 3-4 pieces of chicken kebabs in the middle of the chapati. Add onion rings and chopped cilantro and sprinkle some chaat masala over it. Finish it with some freshly squeezed lemon juice and roll everything tightly and cut the roll in the middle.
- Serve the chicken roll with some mint chutney and lots of love!!
- Make sure not to overcook the chicken as it may turn tough and dry.
- Alternatively you can shallow fry the kebabs.For this heat a non stick pan and grease the surface with just a little bit of vegetable or canola oil. Cook them for 3-5 minutes on either side while checking for doneness.
If you like the recipe please share it and do subscribe to my website.
To subscribe to my youtube channel click here