Rice kheer is a super easy Indian dessert which takes very few ingredients to make and is ready in a few steps.
It is a delicious pudding made with a few simple ingredients like whole milk, rice and sugar. I love the fact that it is made with stuff readily available in our pantries and is ready in less than an hour. But don’t be fooled by the humble ingredients as the rice kheer tastes divine.
Here are the video and printable recipes of Rice Kheer:
- Whole Milk - 4 cups
- Rice - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup or to taste
- Cardamom powder - a couple of pinches
- Saffron - 1 pinch
- Raisins(optional) - 10-12
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Place a pot on the stove on high heat
- Add 4 cups of milk to the pot and bring it to a boil
- Remove the water from the soaked rice and add the rice to the boiled milk
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the mixture while stirring continuously
- Keep cooking the mixture till the milk is almost reduced to half its volume
- Once the kheer thickens,check if the rice is cooked by pressing a couple of grains between your fingers
- Once the rice is cooked add in the sugar, little bit at a time
- Flavour it with cardamom powder and saffron
- Mix in the raisins
- Once the kheer is thick and creamy it's time to serve it
- If the kheer becomes too thick while serving, add a dash of milk to loosen it up.
To subscribe to my youtube channel click here