This is a great, foolproof recipe of a delicious lemon pound cake. It’s easy to make and tastes divine in its purest form but can be paired with some fruits or lemon glaze. I love its moist and even texture!
The sweetness of the cake is perfectly balanced by the tartness of lemon, which is prominent when u take a bite but definitely not overwhelming. I’m thrilled to have found an occasional tea accompaniment and recommend trying this recipe atleast once.
- For the cake-
- All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter - 3/4 cup
- Vegetable Oil - 2 teaspoons
- Cream cheese - 4 ounces
- Granulated white sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Pure vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
- Zest of one lemon
- Lemon Juice - 2 teaspoons
- Large eggs - 3
- For the lemon glaze-
- Lemon Juice - 1-2 tablespoons
- Confectioners sugar - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Milk - 1 tablespoon
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Butter and line a loaf pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment on, or with a hand mixer mix together the butter and cream cheese for a minute until smooth.
- Slowly add in the sugar, little at a time.
- Beat the mixture until light & fluffy.
- With the mixer on add vanilla extract, oil, lemon juice and zest to the batter.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each one is added.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Add the flour mixture little at a time to the wet mixture. Mix just until everything is incorporated in the mixture.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and tap it to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Run a knife along the edges of the cake to loosen it and gently demould the cake.
- Pour the lemon glaze(recipe given below) over it and top it with some fresh fruits.
- Lemon glaze recipe-Melt the butter. Combine all the ingredients together and mix until smooth. Your glaze is ready!
- Make sure that all the ingredients used are at room temperature.
If you like the recipe please share it and do subscribe to my website.
To subscribe to my youtube channel click here